Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Taking Away Is Also In Love

It's been a rather down day. My mind isn't pondering much today except that I'm missing my family. So I'm reminding myself with these words from Job and J.R. Miller......


The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. ~ Job 1:21
"There is immeasurable comfort in this truth for all who are called to give back again the gifts which God has bestowed upon them. God is a giving God, but He is also a God who sometimes takes away, and, in taking away, He is not changed in His character nor in His feeling toward us, His children. He loves us just as truly and as tenderly when He takes away the things or the beings we love as He did when He gave them into our hands. They were sent to us in love, and for our good they came with their blessing for our life. Then the taking away is also in love, and has good and a blessing in it."


.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...