Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

On Blogging and Stewardship of Time


I sat down with my laptop last evening to blog, but couldn't think of anything to write about except a particular thought that had been percolating from what someone said a few days ago. I need to give that one a little more time, though, to think about how to express it because I don't want my comments to reflect negatively on any specific person. So I checked in on a few blogs that I enjoy reading to find that one gal has put hers aside for awhile. It was taking up too much of her time. Not only the blogging itself, but the whole Internet thing.

I began to think about how much time I put into blogging myself and considering if it's good stewardship of my time or not. I mostly reserve my sessions for evenings after my major responsibilities and ministries (which includes running around with My Beloved when he wants me to go along--and I do like lunch out!) are finished for the day. My Beloved knows, though, how I think and tweak. Sometimes it is sheer determination that keeps me away from my laptop. The Internet can be a distraction at the least, but can become an addiction and an infiltration to the mind. Of that, we must be most cautious.

I'm writing this morning because I've been refreshed in my spirit by something I read in my quiet time earlier today. It has encouraged me to keep on blogging. In his second letter, the Apostle Peter said,
This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles
~ 2 Peter 3:1-2
When I began blogging, I felt that it would be an opportunity to remind myself and others of what God has said to us through His Word. It helps me to think with eternity in mind, and perhaps to help you think that way as well. Words don't come easily for me. I'm not one who chatters, with words spilling all over the place. I have some friends who are, and one in particular who says she loves to talk. That's not me, so my words are formed more slowly and, hopefully, more carefully. As my sidebar says, my blog is intended to draw my own heart homeward--here in my earthly home, and toward my heavenly home. I hope I'm also encouraging you along the way. And, so, I continue to muse and write, hopefully keeping my tongue and my time tamed. It would be a great encouragement to me if you'd let me know if this blog is an encouragement to you. My addy is in the sidebar. :-)

I'm heading over to the church this afternoon to work on the Book Nook and get it looking springy. I'm adding several of these mini booklets from Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation. These are just a few of them--there are over 40 available. CCEF is a counseling group that is restoring Christ to counseling, and counseling back to the local church. I've taken some online classes from them and it's true biblical counseling that turns hearts toward Jesus Christ--no hodge podge of psychiatry mingled in. You can check them out here.


May you have a God-honoring weekend and a blessed time of worship at church, growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Painting ~ A Girl Reading by Peter Ilsted
.....
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...