Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Growing in Grace

http://www.freepik.com/free-photo/view-of-foggy-mountain-landscape_1120953.htm#term=sunrise%20mountains&page=1&position=15
freepik

I've been reading in the gospels for the past several weeks, slowly, trying to get a grasp on the grace and knowledge of Christ, to learn to really know what His grace is all about. I know my days are filled with His grace, else nothing would be right about anything because we live in a fallen, broken-down world.

God's grace. His grace is the sun climbing over the hill of the morning, bringing the light that He created so I could have day and night. His grace is the beauty in the flowers that bloom in our little gardens, and the sight I have to see them (although I know His grace would still abound if I could not). His grace is my church and their desire to follow after Him and the fellowship we have in Him. His grace is in my sufferings and the fellowship I have with Him in the midst of them. His grace is giving me a husband that loves me extravagantly (although I know His grace would be abundant if my husband were a jerk). His grace is my daughters and sons-in-law who are devoted to Him and seek Him passionately. And it is only by His grace that any of us are even drawn to know Him. For all this I am thankful.

In her devotional book 31 Days Toward Passionate Faith, Joni Earekson Tada asks these questions about how to tell if we're growing.

Is my sense of sin becoming deeper?
Is my hope brighter?
Is my love more extensive?
Is my spiritual discernment more clear?
Is my faith stronger?
Do I love the Lord Jesus more?


All because of His grace.

Image ~ Created by Fanjianhua - Freepik.com
CC0 Creative Commons
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...