Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell

https://iamachild.wordpress.com/category/haigh-wood-charles/
Here we are at the end of 2011 and the end of my blog as well. As I consider stewardship of time, I think I need to use the hours on other things in 2012. Blogging consumes a lot of time, at least it has for me. It's had its place and purpose, and I'm glad I kept at it for the year, but it's time to put it aside.
I had three goals during the past year. The first was twofold--to pen thoughts that draw my own heart toward my eternal home and toward my brief earthly home, as well as to be an encouragement to others along the way. Another goal was to post most days, which actually happened, although December was rather lean. A third goal bore no fruit.
To those of you who let me know you were reading my blog--I thank you. That in itself was an encouragement to me. I hope you were encouraged as well. To those of you who let me know that you were encouraged, edified, or benefited in some way, I super-duper thank you! Oftentimes when I felt like quitting mid-stream for one reason or another, someone would let me know that something they'd read on Homeward was a blessing. Those who did that--you were such a blessing to me in return!
If you've just recently come across Homeward, do linger for awhile and explore a few posts. I hope something you read will be an encouragement to you.
May the days to come find us all preparing for our heavenly home and fulfilling first ministries within our earthly homes, helping others prepare for eternity as well. I hope to see you over there.
~ Vickie
Painting ~ Leave Taking, Charles Haigh Wood 1856-1927
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...