Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Linking up today with The Simple Woman's Daybook
Click on the image below to read other simple women's entries.
http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/p/httpthesimplewoman.html
For Today

Looking out my window
My Beloved built a new accomodation for the nativity.
We have it in the front yard.

I am thinking


It would be nice if more folks in our neighborhood did a little outdoor decorating for Christmas. It need not be elaborate, a simple wreath or window light would bid good tidings to us all, but only a few give any indication that they're celebrating the season.

I am thankful   
That I have loved ones to buy gifts for and God's provision to do so. 
Did a little shopping today.

One of my favorite things
Quiet evenings with My Beloved, listening to music.

I am listening to
The Messiah as I write. 
Beautiful and Uplifting.
 
I am hoping
That the weather is clear for our daughters and families to come after Christmas.

I am learning


I'm not at all techy, but My Beloved is teaching me a little bit about ipads and tablets as we help my mother think through getting one for my dad for Christmas. 
I just might end up wanting one myself. ;-)

In my kitchen
Just finished some No-Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. Yum!
Looking forward to settling down in a few minutes with a little snack and a glass of milk. 

In the Sewing Room
I made several pillow cases for pre-Christmas gifts from holiday fabric. Forgot to take pictures before I gifted them, but I did get a photo of the ones I kept for our bed. 
I used flannel with bird motifs that match the bedroom decor. The fabric was barely wide enough for our king pillows. The other standard pillowcases worked up just fine with a yard of fabric. The kings needed about 1 1/3 yard. I made these plain as well as some of the others. For one set I followed Crafty Gemini's tutorial to make cases with contrasting bands.


Shared Quote
It's not how much we have but how much we enjoy that makes happiness.

- Charles Spurgeon

A moment from my day
Our newest grand just began walking this week, so I set up the Christmas Village in the curio cabinet this year. There are five shelves filled with hustle and bustle. 
Makes me want to just step right in!


Closing Notes
May God bless your and yours as you celebrate the season and contemplate the incarnation of God's Son, Jesus Christ.
 

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...