Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

From the Sewing Room ~ Little Girl Dresses

I've finished a few more dresses since I last posted a picture, so thought I'd show one today. I'm enjoying working with my fabric stash that I had collected for quilt making. I haven't gone away from quilts for little ones, but I've been spending more time the past few months pulling pieces that I think would make cute little girls' dresses. Some day I may open an Etsy shop, but for now I'm just enjoying the process and stocking the closet in my spare time.


One of my goals in making dresses is to also make some for our church's next mission trip. So for each Etsy dress that I make, I'm also making a dress for a little girl over there, one that will do her for awhile as she grows. That one is on the left. Trying to be a good steward of my abilities, time, and resources as well as being involved in promoting the gospel. Maybe someday I'll be able to meet some of the little girls that have worn my dresses. :-) I do pray that they are Heaven bound. I had posted about the "Dress A Girl Around the World" campaign a few years ago that touched my heart and got me involved.

The one for the someday-Etsy shop (unless I find a local boutique) has a bound neckline and armholes with the same fabric as the lining and a little self-fabric bow and a button that matches the buttons on the back. I found a clearance sale on buttons yesterday at JoAnn's, so I stocked upyay!!

God has given us all something we can do for the here and now and for the everlasting. I do hope you are enjoying both, dear one, and laying up treasures that are eternal.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...