Pages

Monday, February 19, 2018

From the Bookshelf ~ Jesus 365

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-365-Experiencing-Gospels-Single/dp/0736921621
One of my desires is to know more of Jesus, so for the past few years I've been choosing a book about Him to read as we approach Resurrection Sunday. Our daughter gave My Beloved Jesus 365 a couple years ago for Christmas, and this year I pulled it off the bookshelf to read myself. It's a devotional book compiled by Ed Stewart of the account of Jesus while He was here on earth. I'm not reading it as a daily devotional, but rather reading several entries at a sitting. There are notes along the way with insights into the cultural and historical context of the time.

The subtitle is Experiencing the Four Gospels as One Single Story. It's a chronological blending of the actions of Jesus, written in narrative form that walks with Him through His earthly ministry, crucifixion, resurrection, and His ascension back to the Father.

Jesus knows where His path is taking him. The blending and chronology of the book gives broader insight into what His walk has given us.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...