Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Filled With Purpose

I just lost a half hour of blogging. Somehow what I had written just disappeared off the page and is irretrievable. I was writing about motherhood, with some thoughts borne from our Mom's discussion group last evening. We're discussing Sally Clarkson's book, The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity. I must go on to other things in my day right now, but I do want to leave you with a few overarching thoughts from Sally's book:

[Many women] don't know how to reconcile these conflicting messages [from our current culture] with the calling of God on their hearts and lives. What's the cure for this confusion? I believe it lies with a rediscovery of the traditional mission of motherhood, a rediscovery of what God had in mind when he first designed families.... My calling as a mother is the same as any other Christian's: to fulfill God's will for our lives and to glorify him.... The journey of discovering God's design for motherhood has filled me with purpose, peace, fulfillment, and excitement. In fact, I have come to believe that being a mother encompasses all that is best within me. I have come to believe that motherhood, while demanding, is one of the most meaningful roles a woman can fulfill. ~ Sally Clarkson
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...