Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Least of These


I've been making more Little Dresses for Africa the last couple of days. Actually, finishing some that were cut out and embellished at our Daughters of Grace meeting last week when we fellowshipped around piles of fabric, pillowcases, binding, and rick rack. Little dresses for a big cause, for two orphanages where our own missionaries serve—Faith Children's Village and New Hope Uganda.  It’s making a difference in the life of some of God’s children.

Not only are we ministering to the orphanages, we’re ministering to Jesus Christ Himself. We’re serving Him through serving others, specific others. Jesus says in Matthew 25:31-46 that when we’ve ministered to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me” (v.40). This verse is often quoted to support generally helping the needy of the world, and helping those in need is a right thing to do. But here Jesus makes it more specific. Who are the brethren? Jesus answers this question in Matthew 12, verses 48-50,Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."  While many of these children may not be followers of Jesus Christ yet, our missionaries who work with them are, and we serve Christ through serving them.

Little dresses, helping to change one life at a time.

 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. ~ Galatians 6:10

Thought you might like to see a video of little dresses being given out in Uganda. These dresses were made by a woman in NC, Lisa Ward, and her brother delivered them. She made 95 dresses and went through a program called Dress A Girl Around the World. You can find out more about that group here. I would have liked to have seen the little girl in the front of the line (about 50 secs into the video) get her dress. She reappears shortly and caught my eye. She's waiting expectantly.


.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...