Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Weekend Daybook


http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2010716200/

Outside my window....
Hot, muggy days here. The grandchildren were with us for a week or so, but it was too hot to get them outside much.

Thinking…
About Elijah's birthday soon. Going to be 8 years old. Would love to be watching the grandchildren grow up and be a part of just routine life. So far away. 

Thankful....
But thankful, too, that we do get to have them here a few times during the year. Some do not have that privilege, so I am grateful.
 
Learning…
and stumbling over diligence.

The fruit of my hands …
I made Anna a dress while she was visiting, but forgot to get a photo. She chose the fabric from my stash and I sewed while she played in the sewing room. 

I had finished these dresses just before she arrived. One is for my maybe someday Etsy shop or local boutique, and the other is a mission dress for some sweet little girl across the sea. The style is not quickly outgrown, so it will do her for awhile. 

I've been making a mission dress for each Etsy dress that I make to send when a mission team goes from our church. Many times I have enough fabric for the duo, sometimes I don't, but I have plenty of other fabric to choose from.

Noticing the sound of ….
My little Anna's name being called. We just came back from lunch out, and a family across the way has a little Anna, too. :-) 

Looking forward to….
Meeting up at a cabin in the mountains with our daughters and families for My Beloved's birthday celebration soon. Should be much cooler!


Reading.... 
I typically choose some books from the library before the grandchildren arrive and read through them to be sure they're satisfactory. Missing on Superstition Mountain by Elise Broach was one of the books I had read before this last visit.

The main characters in this mystery adventure are three brothers, who had recently moved from Chicago to Arizona, and a new-found friend, fifth-grade Delilah. The adventure is loosely based on real stories that have been told about the mountains, such as people who have gone up the mountain but have not returned. For example, the adventurers find some skulls lined up on a cliff. Who were they? What happened?

Missing on Superstition Mountain was a keeper. In fact, I ordered all three books of the series in hardback for our own library. 

Hoping…
That my dad's radiation therapy goes well for him. Too much sun over the years from working on the railroad. What we know now about sun damage wasn't known back then. My skin is like his, so I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible, now that I know.
 
Pondering…
The death of baby Charlie Gard and the encroachment of government.

In the kitchen…
Orange barbeque chicken today from the crock pot. For 2 or 3 chicken breasts, mix the following and pour over chicken. Cook 6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. I use thin cutlets.
   1/2 cup orange marmalade
   1/2 cup BBQ sauce
   2 Tbsp Worchestire sauce


Blessings to you and yours,
  
Vickie
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...