Pages

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

In The Shadow of His Hand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_C._Tarbell
I came across a brief passage today in my reading that I recall having on my refrigerator several years ago during an arid time in my life. It was very much an encouragement to me then as I was feeling rather without purpose. It's a reminder that God first calls us to faithfulness. How he launches that faithfulness rests in the shadow of his hand.

Sharing the passage with you in hopes that it may be an encouragement to you as well.

Fit yourself for God's service; be faithful. He will presently appoint thee... in some unlikely corner, in a shepherd's hut or in an artisan's cottage, God has his prepared and appointed instrument. As yet the shaft is hidden in his quiver, in the shadow of his hand; but at the precise moment at which it will tell with the greatest effect, it will be produced and launched on the air.
F.B. Meyer in David, the Shepherd, Psalmist, King

Painting ~ Girl Reading, Edmund C. Tarbell, 1910
Wikipedia public domain
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...