Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thankful Thursday ~ The Day Is Sweeter

I braced myself for the day. I've been having some coughing and congestion for several months now, worsening this past couple of weeks, so my doctor sent me for a couple of diagnostic tests. Had the last one today. Praise, that nothing was found except some "scar tissue from a distant illness, possibly childhood." I don't remember it, but I must have been one sick kid sometime back then. Strange, though, that this is the first report I've had of it. Well, I'm glad that it's over, but I do hope this congestion and cough goes away soon. It's rather bothersome.

Such times bring me to contemplate my spirit, though, as I consider the possibilities of outcome. I think it's prudent to consider the possibilities so as not to be unduly shaken if what is possible does come to pass. That's not to say that I dwell pessimistically on the possibilities, but rather to consider how I might respond and glorify God in them. His grace is always sufficient, and I need and want to draw upon it.

Isn't the day always sweeter when the dread of it has passed?

Painting ~ Preparing for A Walk, Samuel Baldwin 1818-1891
Wikigallery public domain

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...