Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

Fully Engaged

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wilhelm_Amberg_-_Distant_thoughts.jpg
Distant Thoughts, Wilhelm Amberg
One of the things I like about a new year is that it brings me to a point of re-focusing. Toward the end of a year, holiday preparations, celebrations, and getting things then back to normal interrupts the rhythmic flow of routine for me for more than a month. Not that I in the least would want it any other way, for it motivates me to think about what's truly important.

So, in rejuvenating and refreshing, I've been considering a focus word for 2018. My word for 2017 was intentional, in that I wanted to initiate and follow though on things I thought were important. As I evaluate the past year in light of intentionality, I wasn't 100% or anywhere close, but it did serve to keep me alert.

My new word for 2018 is engage. I've felt myself being too passive, not engaging fully mentally or emotionally in whatever may be going on at the time. Just letting myself float. I think I've been preoccupied with areas that I tend to let weigh too heavily and divert me from the joy and blessing of drawing from the present moment or giving to it.

I want to be fully engaged with whatever God brings across my path as I journey through 2018. And I hope to engage myself more often here on Homeward as well. I do hope you might find a thought or two that will encourage you in your own journey through 2018.

Painting ~ Distant Thoughts
Wilhelm Amberg, 1822-1899
public domain via Wikimedia Commons
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...