Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Weekend Daybook

Outside My Window...
We've had a few snowflakes fluttering in the air the past couple of days. I miss the beauty of the new-fallen snow in West Virginia where we used to live.

Around the House...
I finally got the Christmas things put away and re-organized their corner of the attic. I left this guy out for awhile on the front door. For a few days, he's felt at home. Brrr!! It's cold outside!
 



















In the Sewing Room...
I tried another pattern for a little girl's dress, but it's not a pattern that I especially like working with. I didn't want the elasticized sleeves that the pattern called for, so I changed them. (They look a little crooked in the photo, but it's just how the dress is hanging.) It has three pleats at the neck edge, with binding around the neck. Finished the rickrack around that sleeves yesterday, and just need to add a button. I doubt tat I'll make another from this pattern.

 



















Thankful for...
Funerals and memorial services that turn our focus to the Giver of Life and remind us that those who know Jesus pass from this life into His forever kingdom.  

Noticing the sound of...
Beautiful music as two young grandsons played the violin and piano at their grandpa's memorial service today. They will miss his love and encouragement. 

Brought a smile...
The young brothers playing so tenderly. 

Pondering...
Continuing to read through Romans and stopping to ponder 8:16-18, where the Apostle Paul speaks of our "suffering with Him [Christ], in order that we may also be glorified with Him." His suffering was more than physical, as awful as that was. He also suffered emotionally with rejection and hatred, and He told His followers that we would be hated and rejected, too, simply because we follow Him and His way of living. Yet, the suffering we experience while here on earth will enable us to be glorified with Him when we are in His presence. 

Thinking...
I hope we or someone finds My Beloved's wedding ring. He lost it yesterday, and we've searched high and low in the house and retraced errands where it may have come off when he pulled his glove off his hand. An arthritic knuckle made it impossible to get off a few years ago, so he had it cut off, resized, and although it now fits over the knuckle, it can sometimes be loose on his finger. When the knuckle isn't swollen, the ring is more easily removed, and he thinks he must have pulled it off with his glove when he was running errands. This is the second ring he has had. It's just like the first that he cut off himself about the second or third year we were married. He had his car jacked up changing a tire, and when it slipped, he tried to steady the jack and caught his hand between the jack and the car. We still had that ring with our memorabilia, so he took it today to a jeweler to see if it could somehow be refurbished. It can.

Looking forward to...
Beginning some counseling classes. I should get the student link next week, and I'm hoping to complete the coursework within a couple of years, sometime before I'm 70. ;-)

Learning...
To just do it. I wondered if it was a bit late in life for me to do something like working toward another degree, but I felt the same way the previous time. I know that I don't recall things as easily as in the past, but I will just be faithful and see what God will do. And pray like crazy!

Reading...
 
I agree with Ruth...

"If you fear growing old or the notion of it simply seems distasteful or immaterial to you be assured that ignoring or resisting it will in no way delay its onset.  In fact, the more you try to disregard or suppress or belittle it, perhaps the more likely it is to shock and upset you when it arrives, whether that's a few short years from now or decades down the road. How much wiser to approach it with eyes and arms and heart wide open, with a healthy, broadly informed sense of expectancy instead of a dark and narrow dread."

- Ruth Myers
31 Days of Encouragement as We Grow Older



.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...