Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Even When I Can't See His Hand

https://www.wikiart.org/en/ivan-kramskoy
We've been discussing in our Sunday School class how to read the Bible in its historical context and how we are to relate to it in our present setting. We were asked today about some of our favorite Old Testament narratives and why we are drawn to them.

One of mine is the book of Esther that I'm currently studying. It's a reminder that God works out his purposes and promises even when we might not see his hand or we think he is afar off. I'm still learning that even when I can't see his hand, to trust his heart.

Sharing a thought with you today from my reading as I continue my study.

Even though we cannot see God acting, it does not follow that he is not doing anything. God's work is not all slam-bang action; sometimes it is a quiet faithfulness to his promises in the seemingly ordinary providences of life, bringing about in the hearts of his people what he has purposed.
~ Iain Duguid, in Esther & Ruth Reformed Expository Commentary

Image ~ Reading
Ivan Kramskoy 1837-1887
public domain via Wikimedia Commons

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...