Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thankful Thursday ~ Caring Doctors

I took my mother and sister to the doctor today and was once again thankful that he is a very caring person. He explains thoroughly what is going on, and my mother says she has learned a lot in a little more than a year that she has been seeing him. He reminds her of one of her favored grandsons. My sister has just recently become his patient, too, but as yet she is rather unsure about him.

My sister has an aversion to doctors and hospitals after a near death experience several years ago, so at the sound of the word hospital she begins to get agitated, to put it mildly. More like hysterical. The word hospital was said today in regard to my mother, and the hysteria started to rouse itself. I was there to take notes, but we decided I should take her out while the doctor talked with Mom.

When we were called back into his office, she was calmed and he began to talk with her in a very caring, cordial manner. My sister is often difficult to understand, but the doctor carried on a productive conversation with her, and she left in pretty good spirits. The hospital is still in Mom's near future, so when that day comes, so will the hysteria. But for now it has been put at rest.

God's grace is sufficient, and there are those He puts in our path through whom His grace flows. I'm thankful for this doctor who told my sister that he is our friend. And I think he truly is.

Image via pixabay
CCO Creative Commons
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...