Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

Domesticity ~ How to Clean an Iron

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Helen_Allingham_-_Drying_Clothes.jpg


Domesticity - home duties and pleasures

Today was laundry day for me. Thought I'd share a link with you that I received from Craftsy this week on methods for cleaning the soleplate of an iron. It's not something I do very often, but probably should do more often than I do. I definitely have to do it when I accidentally press the wrong side of fusible interfacing. Argh!

Some of the described methods I've used, but others were new to me. I surely didn't know about the acetone nailpolish remover. That one may well be the one that works for my fusible accidents! If your iron scares you a little when you're ready to iron that white shirt, click here to go to "How to Clean Your Iron So It's as Good as New."

Oh, and do explore Craftsy a bit while you're there. They have project ideas, tips, kits, patterns, online classes, supplies and much more for sewing, cooking, knitting, photography, gardening, weaving, and more. I've taken several (50+!) of their classes, and all but one has been terrific! Some are free, so you can see what they're like. Craftsy has been a favorite go-to of mine for quite awhile.


Image ~ Drying Clothes, Helen Allingham 1848-1926
public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...