Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

So Much Like Me


https://www.wikiart.org/en/mary-cassatt/young-mother-sewing-1900 Time passes slowly in a waiting room. They can be an incubator for anxiety. I was there this morning, and a little girl about four years old was also waiting to see the dermatologist. Apparently, this was her first visit, and she was visibly disturbed about it. Her mommy was telling her not to fret or be upset, that it was going to be okay. But the little girl was worried not knowing what the doctor would do. "You're stressing about nothing. You'll see. You'll be okay. I promise."

My heart went out to this precious little girl because I'm so much like her. I oftentimes stress because I've not passed this way before. I don't always know what's going to happen or how a spot will be diagnosed, and I need reassurance as well. God says He cares for me, to cast my anxiety on Him. Everything is going to be okay. Even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment. Even if it doesn't feel like it later.

I know that this little girl's next visit to the dermatologist will find her much less anxious because today's visit gave her reassurance for the next. Her countenance was very different as she came out of the office to go home. And so it is with faith and anxiety. I can recall God's faithfulness in caring for me in the past and know that whatever happens in the present is ultimately for my good and His glory. Even if it seems grievous at the moment, He will strengthen me in my spirit and I will be the better for it.

It'll be okay. He promises.

Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7 

Image ~ Young Mother Sewing
Mary Cassatt, 1844-1926
public domain via WikiArt
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...