Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thankful Thursday ~ We Can Go Peacefully

We found a dead cat on our porch yesterday. Where it came from, we do not know. Why it chose our porch for its last breath, we do not know. It appeared to have died peacefully, though, perhaps full of years.

Death eventually comes to all of us. I'm thankful that we can die peacefully, if not full of years. Peacefully. We can, but not all do. It's best to be prepared for it, to give it some thought.

Some fight death because they don't know what comes next. Even if they think nothing comes next, there's the uncertainty that drifts through the mind, like fog on a moonless night, stroking the tombstones through the cemetery.

What if they are wrong? I'm sure they don't want to be. They aren't prepared to be wrong. What causes people to cling to hopelessness? Death is not dying. The body, yes. The soul, no.

Jesus said to his disciples, "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going" (John 14:1-4).

Those who follow Jesus know where they are going when they die. He awaits them. Is He awaiting you?

The one who doubted said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going, how do we know the way?" Jesus said to Him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me" (John 14:5-6).

Peacefully, through the door that leads to eternity.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...