Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Even Though You May Already Know

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Paintings_of_sitting_women_reading_indoors#/media/File:Dvorak_Ctenarka.jpg

I'm beginning to read 2 Peter today, and as I come to verses 12-15 of chapter one, my mind goes back to the death of our friend Roger a few days ago. I think he could have penned the very words the Apostle Peter wrote in the first chapter as he was facing imminent death himself. Roger and his wife Marlo were always reminding us of the important things of life.
Therefore, I will always be ready to remind you of these things, even though you already know them, and have been established in the truth which is present with you. I consider it right, as long as I am in this earthly dwelling, to stir you up by way of reminder, knowing that the laying aside of my earthly dwelling is imminent, as also our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. And I will also be diligent that at any time after my departure you will be able to call these things to mind (v. 12-15).
My Beloved and I worked on our state homeschooling board for several years along with Roger and Marlo and two other couples who became some of our dearest friends. We've met up yearly in a central location in the ensuing years to keep in touch and pray for homeschoolers across our state, but this past year the group wasn't able to synchronize a time to do that. It saddens us that we were not able to connect, knowing now that Roger's degenerating body would soon release him, and he would depart this earth. 

The Apostle Peter reminded fellow believers to keep reminding others of the faith, that we are to keep growing in the knowledge of Jesus Christ. As Roger and Marlo often reminded us, I remind you to do the same, dear one, so that grace and peace can be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

As for the Apostle Peter and our friend Roger's knowledge of Jesus...
We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, 
because we will see Him just as He is.
1 John 3:2 
 They have now seen Him, just as He is.

BTW--If you're a homeschooling family, please consider supporting your state organization. They give hundreds of hours of volunteer service each year that most families probably know little about, but who reap the benefits nevertheless.

Painting ~ Thoughtful Reader, František Dvořák (1862-1927)
public domain via Wikimedia Commons 



.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...