Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

Prepared to Live


https://pixabay.com/en/cemetery-light-glow-sun-sunshine-883417/

To be prepared to die is to be prepared to live. 
~ Charles Spurgeon


The last two weeks have been the last days on earth for my aunt as well as a dear friend from back home. Both have passed through the gates of death to their new homeland. We traveled to be with my uncle and family last weekend, and last evening we also learned of our friend Roger having passed from earthly life to heavenly life.

Both are now rejoicing as they've met their Savior face to face, yet there is much sadness in their absence for those who loved them here. They have groaned for the last time as death pangs dislodged them from this earth and conveyed them into their new heavenly existence. And so we grieve, but not as the world grieves, for we shall one day see them again.

I do hope you are prepared to die, dear one, for the day is surely coming as it does to us all.  If you're not sure about life after your earthly death, I've written here about what drew me to Jesus and eternal life with him. I whisper a prayer that he is drawing you to himself as well. I hope to see you in my heavenly home when I see him face to face.

“If I do not think of death, yet death will think of me.”
~ Spurgeon


Image via pixabay


.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...