Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2018

A Simple, Solitary Act of Worship


You've probably had the experience when God often uses simple, solitary moments to encourage us in some aspect of our walk with Him. He did that for me yesterday when we were out for supper where we routinely stop for fish.

As we were waiting for our food, I noticed a man over My Beloved's shoulder who was also waiting for his meal. I shouldn't have been surprised, but when it arrived, the gentleman folded his hands, bowed his head, and I'm sure he was thanking God for it.

Here was a man eating dinner alone, yet who took a moment to acknowledge where this provision really came from. My Beloved and I had done the same a few minutes previous to that, but this gentleman's prayer got me to thinking....

Is my prayer at mealtimes just a habit? If I had to eat alone in a restaurant, would I pray as intentionally as this man did? I know that I would thank God for the food, but would I talk to Him just in my mind and get on with the meal?

Or would I be reverent enough to offer my gratitude for God's provision as a moment of worship, as I felt I was viewing that very moment? This gentleman had no one's hand to hold, no one to share the moment with, no one expecting him to bow his head and pray.

That spoke volumes to me. God used that moment to speak into my heart about this simple, solitary act of worship that expresses gratitude for our daily provision.

Image ~ Grace, Eric Enstrom, 1918
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...