Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2018

More Than the Provisions


As life goes on and I'm Homeward bound, I'm continually thankful for God's provisions.  For one thing, I had an appointment this week with my hematologist and treatment for my blood clot has been very different than it was ten years ago. I haven't had to have shots every day for a week! Sooo thankful for that!

But beyond being thankful for God's myriad provisions, I'm simply thankful for Him. For it is He who provides for my needs. It is His presence that calms my heart in times of anxiety and fear. It is His strength that enables me to take the next step. It is His love that flows through me to love those that I find difficult to even like. It is His forgiveness of my own sins that take root in my heart and pull me away from fellowship with Him. It is His mercy that calls to me and draws me back to Himself

It is His creative work that My Beloved and I find so beautiful as we drive through the countryside where the wheat, the corn, the cotton grows, and we view the majestic mountains in the distance. 

It is His church in which we find sweet fellowship. And as our pastor reminded us last evening, it is His Word in which we find delight.

If Your law had not been my delight,
Then I would have perished in my affliction.
Psalm 119:92
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...