Pages

Monday, December 3, 2018

Face to Face

https://www.christianbook.com/face-with-jesus-seeing-him-really/randy-alcorn/9780736973816/pd/973816?en=google&event=SHOP&kw=christian-living-0-20%7C973816&p=1179710&dv=c&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoo7gBRDuARIsANeJKUbbhXlS1CDGYYM6VoRPb820rmt3gBMF8MXcaNwf2hIacXmAWDvP5DkaAoPbEALw_wcBSeveral years ago I decided that I wanted to know more about Jesus, so for the past several years during Advent and Lent particularly, I've read books that give me a deeper, broader understanding of  my Savior. Doing so has not only enhanced my celebration of His coming to earth, but has also given me a deeper appreciation of who He is and the Father's desire for His children to be conformed to the image of His Son.

Currently, I'm reading Face to face with Jesus: Seeing Him as He really Is by Randy Alcorn. It's a daily devotional with 200 entries. It's intended to be read throughout the year, so it will take me past Christmas and into the New Year. I thought I would read a few entries each day, but I'm finding that I prefer to read a couple entries and pause to ponder.

God made us, and we were made for God. It's God we long for, and Jesus, God's Son, brings the Father to us. Ultimately, God's greatest gift is himself. We need the savior, and he has a name: Jesus (meaning "God saves.")      ~ Randy Alcorn




.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...