Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Weekend Daybook

Outside My Window...
I noticed robins today in the yard and several were strutting about in the street. It's not even January, but can spring be far behind?

Noticing the sound of...
Christmas carols/songs most of the week. Carols are beautiful, but I've tired of the jolly Christmas songs.



Looking forward to...
Losing the pounds I gained over Christmas. :-/ Gotta get back to walking.

Thinking...
About Christmas letters we received from old friends telling how they're enjoying their grandchildren living nearby. I am happy for them.

In the Sewing Room...
Got 6-year-old Anna's dress cut out from the fabric she chose from my stash when she last visited. She wanted each sleeve from a different fabric, but I think the ruffle sleeves will be alike. I hope she isn't too disappointed that I didn't use the pink star fabric. ;-0  If she lived closer, I would teach her how to sew. Distance is no friend to families. Missing so much. :'(















 
Learning...
To draft a sleeve for a pattern without sleeves. Haven't mastered it yet.

Around the house...
Got all the Christmas decor gathered up into one room. Back into the storage totes early next week.

In the Kitchen...
It needs a good cleaning. Maybe Monday before grocery shopping.

Pondering...
Our pastor's sermon this morning on Psalm 50 and how we tend to think about God. I've been a bit disheartened lately with missing my girls and grandchildren, and I needed what Pastor said today. Going to read it again tomorrow and give it more thought.

Thankful For...
Our pastor who faithfully preaches and teaches the Word.

Brought a smile...
My sister enjoying our drive through the Festival of Lights

Reading...
Just finished The Secret Garden. A beautifully illustrated edition.


At the moment a very good thing was happening to her. Four good things had happened to her, in fact, since she came to Misselthwaite Manor. She had felt as if she had understood a robin and that he had understood her; she had run in the wind until her blood had grown warm; she had been healthily hungry for the first time in her life; and she had found out what it was to be sorry for someone.
- Mary



Hoping that a very good thing happens to each of us in 2019. But we might not even recognize it, dear one, for God's ways are not our own. And as much as we long for our heart's desire, it may not actually be good for all those involved. Denial may be a severe mercy. God knows the beginning from the end. His thoughts are higher than ours. And so...I wait...until...time...is...no...more....

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...