Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home Again


Home again after a brief visit with my parents and sister, who lives with them, and my baby sister and some of her family. Everyone is healthy and gaining strength. My parents are involved in a health research project headed up by their doctor that involves balance classes for older folks, and it has helped them move about much more freely. It's sort of like a bit of ballet (Mom was cute showing me the moves!), and the social contacts during the week have put a new spring in their step! My sister is doing well after serious illness before Christmas, and she took me for a walk through their neighborhood where she walks twice a day. They're all looking great!

Of course I got in a trip to Mom's favorite quilt shop and picked up a few pieces of fabric with teal and tangerines colors. No plans for the fabric at this point, but I'm sure it will make something lovely. The day out with my sisters and mom found us at an antique shop where I bought a couple pieces of vintage jewelry to use on some handbags I want to make--someday. Lunch out in the midst of it made for a pleasant just-us-girls outing.

A quick trip, as all our family visits tend to be. But a quick trip is always better than no trip. As I've said before, distance is no friend to families.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...