Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today I reflect on simple thoughts and simple pleasures. My leads are somewhat similar to others in The Simple Woman's Daybook group, yet a bit different as well.  

A picture to share... 

Our little Elijah


Thinking...
About our phone conversation with our older daughter this evening. We still miss our girls.

Learning...
To trust the heart of God, even when I don't see His hand. 

Thankful...
That I occasionally run into friends from the past who bring back good memories. That happened again today at a bridal shower. Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of Lights (James 1:17).

This coming week I'm planning to...
Continue sorting through pictures and, hopefully, finishing up with them. This is a much bigger job than I anticipated.


Outside my window...
Rain refreshing the earth.
   
Noticing the sound of...
My Beloved listening to his cantata practice CD.

Reflecting creativity, in His image...
I purchased a couple pieces of vintage jewelry this week to add interest to some handbags.
 
Looking to the ways of my household...
Was away visiting with my parents for several days. Haven't tended to much around the house this week.

From the kitchen....
My Beloved likes brussels sprouts. I don't especially, but I came across a recipe that I tweaked that makes them tasty. Double it or more for a family.

Brussels Sprouts with Apples
1/2 pound brussels sprouts, halved or whole, depending on size. Sometimes I use frozen.
Steam brussels sprouts for 4-5 minute until crisp-tender. Sometimes I just boil them, covered in water.

Meanwhile chop an apple into 1-inch pieces. (a couple of apples for a family)

In a skillet or saucepan, add the following to the drained brussels sprouts:
chopped apple(s) 
1/2 tsp. minced fresh thyme (or 1/8 tsp. dried) 
a couple tablespoons of margarine

Toss to coat and cook uncovered until heated through, about 5-10 minutes. 



A thought from my Quiet Time....
Reading through Reese's Chronological Bible and learned that Noah died just two years before Abraham was born. Interesting!

Currently reading...
The Incomparable Christ by J. Oswald Sanders
A brief paragraph to share as he quotes R.A. Torrey on the "The Twofold Nature of Christ":
"It is not our main business to reconcile the doctrine of the deity of Christ with the doctrine of the real humanity of Christ. Our first business is to find out what the various passages mean in their grammatical interpretation. Then if we can reconcile them, well; if not, believe them both and leave the reconciliation to increasing knowledge."
You may also enjoy reading what other simple women are saying and doing these days. Just click here to go to The Simple Woman's Daybook site. I'll be posting my journal on Saturdays. Do stop by again.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...