Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

In the Sewing Room

We had planned to meet some new friends for breakfast, but I woke up with a bad cold this morning. Started feeling bad last night at bedtime, and had hoped to sleep it off, but that didn't happen. So it was disappointing to wake up feeling like this and not be able to meet up.  

I haven't felt like doing much all day. Not much except for spending a little time in my sewing room between naps. I've been blessed in our new house with a bonus room that has become my sewing room. I've been unpacking boxes in there off and on since we moved in, and it's coming together little by little. Still lots to do, though. Lots of sunlight pouring in through the windows, but that's one thing I love about the room--lots of windows and the morning sun! I enjoy seeing the room of the morning, but I sew in the afternoon when the sun is on the other side of house. My machine is right in front of the middle windows, so sewing in the direct sunlight would be difficult, anyway.

I unpacked a couple of fabric boxes today and did some sorting and arranging. I like having my fabric out as part of the decor and seeing it as I come into the room. It inspires me! I still have my blacks and whites to pull out...not sure where they're going to go, though. Looks like I need to get busy sewing and use up some of that fabric! I've heard that there's a sewing group at our new church that sews for charity. Hoping to get involved with them after things settle at the house a little more. 

A bright spot to my day--Elijah lost another tooth and texted a picture with a special note: "I loooooooove y'all superb much!!!!!!!!" Sure wish we could take him out for a doughnut to celebrate! Too many miles between. 

I'm sometimes asked what I like about sewing / quilting, and if I'm "very heavy into it." I do enjoy the labor of love in making things to give and it reins in my thoughts when I get to missing my precious grandchildren. So some days I'm very, very heavy into it.

Sew, Nana, Sew!! 
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...