Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Why Do We Love?

The sun is low in the sky, pouring into my sewing room where I sit and journal as homework for our Sunday School class. Sunlight floods the room, an object lesson for me for this evening's topic.

https://iamachild.wordpress.com/category/meyer-von-bremen-johann-g/God's love toward me, and my acceptance of that love, permeates my being. It draws me, causes me to love Him in return. It's the Gospel, reminding me of His love, creating love in me. I love Him because He first loved me.

Do you know Him? Do you love Him? Have you seen His love through the Gospel? The gospel--the good news of His provision, Himself. That even though we are separated from Him, He draws us to Himself. Some of us have gone to Him, and we find love in Him, for God is love. Is He drawing you to love Him back? Is He drawing you to come to Him? I pray that is so. I pray that you go.

I am the way, the truth and the the life. 
No one comes to the Father but through me.
~ Jesus, John 14:6

We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19

Painting ~ Young Girl Reading, Johann George Meyer 1813-1886

This is the book we're using. 
You can see more about it here.

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...