Pages

Friday, August 5, 2016

From The Sewing Room ~ A Puppy Quilt


Sharing a picture today of my latest quilt, made for our newest grandbaby. His bedroom theme is puppies, and his mommy sent a photo of her "imagined nursery" with a similar quilt hanging on the wall behind the baby bed. I'm supposing it was a quilt, although I couldn't see any quilting on it. That quilt had three other animals, which I changed to puppies. The center background is a light gray, which coordinates with her rocker. Below is a close-up of the quilting.


The puppies are quilted in mini-meandering, with a medium meandering in the gray background. The orange stripes are sort of a ziggy-zaggy quilting, and the white stripes are a flowing vertical back and forth quilting. I tried a new-to-me quilting design in all the navy negative space. It's a variation of tiling filled with meandering. I learned this design in an Angela Walters Craftsy class. She showed how to do it on a long arm machine, which looked pretty simple--on a long arm machine. It was much more of a challenge on my home machine, but I was able to make it look pretty good as I struggled along. I probably wouldn't use that design again, though, unless it was a smaller quilt that was easier to manage. If you'd like to see a bit more of an explanation of Angela's design, you can see it here.

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...