Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
For today I join others at The Simple Woman's Daybook, a weekly journal page that focuses on simple thoughts and simple living.

 
Looking out my window
This threesome came scampering around the house while we were on the back porch, took a quick look at us and scampered up the tree. After a few minutes of peek-a-boo, they scampered off. So cute!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am thinking
That I should have worked on this post earlier in the day. It's time for bed.

I am thankful 
For the privilege of having known a 94-year-old godly, wise gentlemen for a mere six months. He was in our new church family and k-group. He passed on into the arms of Jesus this week. 

One of my favorite things
Spending time with family.

I am creating
Recently finished a quilt for our newest grandson, Daniel. Posted about it yesterday.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am reading
Blennerhassett by Charles Felton Pidgin, published in 1902.
 
I came across this book in a used book store and was drawn to it because I used to live about an hour from Blennerhasset Island and have visited it upon occasion and am familiar with its history. The book is a historical novel, with the author's aim "to present Aaron Burr as he was a hundred years ago, and to ask that he be judged by the rules of order and society then existing; but by minds free from the intolerant political and religious prejudices which blinded the eyes and warped the judgments of his contemporaneous critics." I'm only into chapter 9 of 42 chapters, so we shall see. So far he's making his point well.

I am hoping (praying)
That our upcoming 2-day travel to visit our daughter and her family is a safe one. Traffic can get crazy going into that city.

I am learning
That B-12 can give me some energy for the day. I tried some today, and felt much better.

In my kitchen
Today's meal was chicken and vegetables in the crock pot. Simple and nutritious.
Enough chicken, quartered potatoes, baby carrots for the two of us. Sprinkled with salt and pepper. Added about 1/4 cup of chopped onions, and poured 2 cups of chicken broth into the crock pot. Covered and cooked on high for 4 hours.

Shared Quote
"God's holiness, then, is not only the opposite of evil; it is the measure by which we know evil to be evil." ~ David D. Wells, God in the Whirlwinds   
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...