Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Gate to God

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwr/475681547
Thinking today about the way to enter through the gate to God. Who decides the way? Do I? Do you?  God Himself does. It's His gate. We enter only by the way He says to enter. Why? Because He is God, and it's His gate to His kingdom. His gate. His kingdom. His way. Not mine, not yours. Not anyone's but God's.

He has told us in His Word how to enter the gate. How kind and benevolent of Him--that not only has He told us the way, but that He actually wants us to come! You and me, and many others. He wants us to be forever with Him. So much so that He even provides the way there. Oh, glorious, amazing grace!!

I do hope that you know the way and are going to live with God when your days are done here on this earth. If you don't know the way, I'd like to tell you what someone told me, and then I read it for myself from Jesus Christ in God's Word. Actually, He wants everyone to know--you, me, everyone. Jesus is God, you know. There's so much to find out about Jesus and God and truth in His Word, the Bible.

This is what He says--

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
~ Jesus, John 14:6

"For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all."  ~ 1 Timothy 2:5


“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.  For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.      ~ Jesus, Matthew 7:13-14

Are you one of the few who have found the gate to God?  I do hope you've chosen the way to life. Not everyone is going through the gate, but I do hope to see you up there.

Photo ~ Garden Gate, Leo Reynolds, Flickr CC BY NC-SA 2.0
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...