Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

From the Sewing Room ~ Autumn Wall Quilt


I've had Nicole's Autumn Pumpkin Patch pattern for a couple of years, and decided to work on it for our first autumn in our new home. Finished it up yesterday, and it's now hanging in our kitchen, where we'll get to enjoy it for several weeks.



I used mostly batiks from my stash, except for the pumpkins which are just plain cotton, and worked with fusible applique and blanket stitch.



I had intended to do the applique by hand, but the combination of fusible, batiks, and cotton batting made it much too stiff for hand-stitching, so I machine-appliqued and quilted it. Looks like I need to add a door knob. ;-)



I added some veins to the leaves.  

I decided to make yoyoes for the berries instead of trying to applique all  those circles, and tacked them onto the stems by hand, just catching the centers. If you've seen the original pattern, you'll notice that I didn't add the star to the top of the house. Wasn't going for quite that much whimsy.


So, that's it for this week in the sewing room.

Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish It Up Friday.

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...