Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

From the Sewing Room ~ Hagrid's Quilt

https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/-/media/images/wb-studio-tour/pages/the-tour-experience/explore-the-studio-tour/explore_hagrids_hut.jpg

My daughter has taken a liking to Hagrid's Hut. She's in the process of decorating a sitting room like that. She found a similar chair on Craig's list, a lantern on Etsy, a few other items here and there, and is on the hunt for adding little touches every now and then to bring it together.

I googled pictures of Hagrid's Hut to see what she's going for (to each his own!), and my eye caught the quilt thrown across his chair. Upon closer examination, I see that it's all scrappy and mis-matched--I suppose as a mid-sized giant who lives in a hut in the forest would have it. I thought it would be a nice surprise if I made a similar one for her.

The mis-matching took much more time than if I could have worked with strip sets, but I wanted it to resemble Hagrid's quilt as much as I could manage from the pictures. It doesn't look like much yet, but I've finished the center portion of the quilt so far. Some washing and putting it in the sun to fade will help bring about the "look."


When she came to pick up the kiddos after their visit with us, she was talking about her Hagrid room. In the conversation, she mentioned the quilt--that someday she may have the time to make it. Although I had intended to surprise her with it, I couldn't contain myself and showed it to her. She was elated! As I finish working on it, I know it will be excitedly received. Joy to a quilter's heart!
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...