Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Thankful Thursday ~ My Beloved

Expressing gratitude too often lies silent in the heart. As Thanksgiving approaches, I'm taking Thursdays to offer a word of thankfulness for specific blessings that God has bestowed in my life.

Today I've been thinking how much I appreciate My Beloved. There are a myriad of reasons, but something I heard someone say this morning made gratitude for him bubble up. The lady commented that "when a man retires, his work is done; but when a woman retires, she still has work to do." Perhaps her hubby leaves all the inside and outside work to her, all the business details, all the grocery shopping, etc. etc., but I doubt it.

However it may be with them or others, I'm so very grateful that My Beloved shares in responsibilities around the home now that he is retired. And when he sees that I'm not having time to give attention to some things, he goes ahead and tends to it, like throwing the clothes in the washer and getting it done (like yesterday). Other days I seem to have more free time than he does. We do life together.

I'm so appreciative of My Beloved's thoughtfulness that produces helpfulness, all born out of a heart of unselfish love, compelled by our Father above. Thank you, My Beloved.

Painting ~ Little Spooners, Norman Rockwell
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...