Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

What Are You Hoping For?

We all hope for something. We find satisfaction in hopes fulfilled. Proverbs 13:12 tells us that Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life. I've been there. I think maybe you have, too. I've been stuck at the comma, though, with some of my hopes. You, too?

My hopes tend to be wrapped around relationships that don't work out the way I'd hoped and dreamed and planned for them to. Maybe yours are elsewhere. There are lots of hooks to hang our hopes on. I've found over the years, though, that it's where I put my hope that makes all the difference. Unless our hope is in the gospel of Jesus Christ, fulfillment will be fleeting.

https://www.paultripp.com/products/faith-kit?mc_cid=69503f8808&mc_eid=f8b37837ac#freesession
I want to share a brief video with you today from Paul David Tripp. It's the first session of a series entitled Faith: What Are You Hoping For? Tripp reminds us that we all look somewhere for meaning and purpose. Everything we do is because of faith in someone or something. He points us in the right direction, to the Someone. As Tripp says, "Christians are not different because they live by faith. Christians are different because of the object of their faith." Give a listen here, or click on the image. I'll think you'll be encouraged.

And keep looking Upward and Homeward, dear one, where the object of our faith awaits us.



.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...