Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Lost in Wonder, Love, and Praise

https://pixabay.com/en/saint-coloman-church-architecture-3092260/

When men worship Jesus Christ, 
they do not fall at his feet in broken submission but in wondering love. 
A man does not say, 'I cannot resist a might like that.' 
He says, 'Love so amazing, so divine, demands my life, my soul, my all.' 
A man does not say, 'I am battered into surrender.' 
He says, 'I am lost in wonder, love, and praise.'
- William Barclay


Thinking back to our study this morning in the book of Esther. King Xerxes was a man with insatiable desire for power and honor and rule. He was approached in fear.

Such a contrast to our relationship with King Jesus. He is all-powerful, deserving of all honor, ruler of all. Yet we need not approach Him in fear, for He bids us, "Come unto me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

Image~Saint Coloman's Church
Pixabay, CC0 Creative Commons
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...