Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

Cheering Them On

https://www.wikiart.org/en/eugene-de-blaas/a-helping-handI've been thinking throughout the day about yesterday's Sunday School discussion on parenting, and how important Titus 2 relationships are for Christian women. I think there are blessings on both sides. I'm thankful for women who came alongside me when My Beloved and I began our little family many years ago. I was blessed to have women who cared enough to guide me through those days when I was rather clueless.

My Beloved and I went to lunch yesterday with some young friends and five of their six children. So well-disciplined and a joy to be around. And there are more families like them, too. I'm so very encouraged as I listen to some of the young moms I know talk about training their children and reaching them with the gospel of Jesus Christ. This seems to be a generation of Christian parents who are serious about what they're doing. I think there is hope for America in the upcoming generation. At least there is hope for these children.

Yes, days can sometimes be hard, with or without children. Toil and trouble seem to find us whatever season we're in. But then there are the sweet hugs and kisses that melt the heart when children are around. I miss those days, and it brings a smile when I see these young families loving on each other. I want to cheer them on, and remind them that time with children is short. Even though the days can seem ever-so-long, and bedtime is ever-so-welcomed.
Painting ~ A Helping Hand, Eugene de Blass, 1884
Wiki Art, public domain
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...