Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Weekend Daybook


Outside my window...
It was a glorious day on Thursday, so we took a 2-hour drive up into the mountains just to enjoy the sunny, autumn palette, although the photo doesn't seem to show the colors. :-/ By the time we arrived at our destination the sky was cloud covered. But we followed about a half hour after the rain, so our little picnic in the park in the cool mountain air was still enjoyable and refreshing. Came back out into the sunshine on our return trip home.


Noticing the sound of...
The rumble of the neighbor boys' truck as they leave our cul-de-sac. And their friends have rumble trucks, too. Their house seems to be the gathering place, which I think is a wonderful thing. Their parents know that it's a good idea to have an open door, hospitable home. That way they get to know their sons' friends. Wise parents. The mom says, though, that the grocery receipt can get pretty long.

Thankful For...
Those who have served in our military and for their families who have sacrificed their presence at home.

Around the house...

Learning...
To let God's love flow through me. I too often clog the pipe.
 
The fruit of my hands...
Hemmed some pants for my mother. Pants are awfully long these days. My daughters are glad of it, though. 

In the Kitchen...
Made Torellini Casserole yesterday to share with my parents. Sharing the easy recipe with you. Serves 6

Prepare 1 pkg. 20 oz. Italian sausage tortellini
Meanwhile, stir fry a 3 pepper (red, yellow, green)-onion mixture, about 2 cups or so
   (I just used a precut container from the grocery store)
Combine tortellini and veggie mix
Stir in 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
Spoon combination into casserole dish (I separated into 2 dishes so as to share)
Top with cheese or your choice
Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes, uncovering the last 5 minutes

Brought a smile...
As my sister Dorothy opened her birthday gifts, she would take them one by one to where she wanted to keep them. Open a card, take it to where she has them displayed. Open the gift, go put it on her bedroom chest. Open another gift, go put the wrapping in the the trash can. She may have some handicaps, but she's a whiz at keeping things orderly and in their place. 

Pondering...
"I think the reason we sometimes have the false sense that God is so far away is because that is where we have put him. We have kept him at a distance, and then when we are in need and call on him in prayer, we wonder where he is. He is exactly where we left him." ~ Ravi Zacharias, in Has Christianity Failed You?

Thinking...
About a comment I'd read on someone's blog recently that said he has posted each day for over 5,000 days. I don't know how anyone has enough time in the day to keep up with that and other responsibilities or opportunities, but I think he is famous in his life's sphere, and speaking and writing is part of his livelihood. I don't think I could even think of that many things to write about.

Reading...
Finished Wise Parenting Principles from Proverbs last evening. Posted about it on Thursday


















I hope your week has been filled with seeing God in the small things, dear one. That's where most of life is lived. 
 

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...