Pages

Friday, November 3, 2017

Invaluable

https://www.wikiart.org/en/gerard-terborch/woman-writing-a-letter
It's been almost a month since I've taken some time to write out some thoughts. I need to get back to doing that. It helps me to formulate what I really think and feel about some things that are going on in my life and how I ought to be thinking and responding. It gets me beyond simply moving through my days, and causes me to contemplate and consider my ways. Oftentimes, some new realization comes to mind in how I need to change, and oftentimes, I'm reassured that I'm on the right track. Either way, it's invaluable.

Yesterday was our last session in our Bible study in Ephesians. I'm so very thankful to have the privilege of discussing God's word with women who seek truth as they walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which we've been called (Ephesians 4:1). I'm also so very thankful that it is the grace of God than enables us to walk in a worthy manner, and thankful that my performance in the walk doesn't determine His love for me. His love is perfect--He can't love me more than He does, and He won't love me less than He does. Absolute perfect love.

However, my walk does give evidence of my faith to those I may meet on my journey Homeward. It also gives evidence of my gratitude and love for Him, and so I want to "walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God" (Colossians 1:10). 

And so we gather together each week to increase our knowledge of God, and to talk of ways to bear fruit in good works. And as an added blessing, we become friends. :-)

I do hope you have a group of like-minded friends who encourage you in your walk of faith, dear one. We are meant for relationship and encouraging one another.

Painting ~ Woman Writing A Letter  c. 1665, Gerard Terborch  
WikiArt, public domain
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...