Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Chronological Bible Reading

I finished reading through The Daily Bible today. It's arranged in chronological order and has been a tremendous help in my understanding the chronology of biblical happenings and writings. It's divided into 365 daily readings, but I like to read meditatively, so I don't always read an entire day's selection. It's NIV, which I don't use as a study Bible, but reading in a translation that isn't as familiar to me helps me to read more carefully since I can't read on auto-pilot. This is the third time I've read through the New Testament in The Daily Bible. The first time through it, I read Old and New.

 
I've recently come across another chronological Bible that I've been eager to begin--Reese Chronological Bible, KJV. The difference with this Bible is that it puts the order of events more specifically in chronological order. That is, John 1:1 is the very first verse--"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Now THAT's chronological order!

The RCB has received positive reviews, and I've recently put this Bible in our church's Book Nook.

Tomorrow morning I begin this new Bible--with John 1:1. Looking forward to getting to it bright and early!
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...