Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today I reflect on simple thoughts and simple pleasures. My leads are somewhat similar to others in The Simple Woman's Daybook group, yet a bit different as well.  

A picture to share... 


Daffodils in the small garden by the sidewalk. White ones show up pretty at night in the glow of the walkway lights.

Outside my window...
White daffodils in the glow of the night lights.  
 
Noticing the sound of...
My Beloved scanning through-the-years pictures.

Thinking...
Click here to go there
About a dear friend whose daughter is rejecting their good counsel. Raising children into young adulthood is often a heart-rending experience.

Thankful for...
God's redeeming grace and mercy.

Reflecting creativity, in His image...
Not much creativity happened this week. Mostly I've been going through boxes of pictures and trying to get some organization to them. Most of the pictures were before the days of digital cameras, and I've discovered that I wasn't as diligent about dating pictures as I hoped I would have been.

Looking to the ways of my household...
Cleaned out a food cabinet and tossed out-of-date food. Just couldn't pass up a No-Bake dessert, though, that was not too much out-of-date, so I fixed it for a Saturday snack. It should be chilled and ready to eat soon. 

This coming week I'm hoping to...

Hoping, hoping, hoping to finish the baby quilt that's been on hold for a couple of weeks.

Learning....
That it isn't good stewardship of our money to take an online quilting class that I could well learn for myself from a book that I can keep and refer to over and over again.  

From the kitchen....
Saturday breakfast was an egg casserole. Sharing the recipe, but I can't remember where I got it to give credit. :-( I cut the recipe in half for the two of us. It's good reheated as leftovers the next day.

Saturday Brunch Casserole
6 bacon strips, crisped and crumbled
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green or red pepper, chopped
1 tsp canola oil
2 carton (8 oz. each) egg substitute
4 eggs
1 cup fat free milk
4 cups frozen shredded has brown potatoes thawed
1 cup (4 ox.) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (I use mozzarella)
3/4 tsp. salt 
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dill weed

Saute onion and green/red pepper in oil until tender. 
In a large bowl, whisk egg substitute, eggs, and milk. 
Stir in the has browns, cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion mixture and bacon.
Transfer to 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

A thought from my Quiet Time....
From J.I. Packer on Revival--
Revival means the work of God restoring to a moribund church, in a manner out of the ordinary, those standards of Christian life and experience that the New Testament sets forth as being entirely ordinary. This includes a longing that the Spirit may shed God's love abroad in our hearts with greater power. It is with this (to which deep exercise of the soul about sin is often preliminary) that personal revival begins, and it is by this that revival in the church, once begun is sustained.
~ Knowing God Through the Year, J.I. Packer

Currently reading...
Introverts in the Church, Finding Ourselves in An Introverted Culture by Adam McHugh.  The author is a pastor/introvert, and he gives some helpful insight as to valuing those within the church who are introverts and encouraging introverts in ministry.


You may also enjoy reading what other simple women are saying and doing these days. Just click here to go to The Simple Woman's Daybook site. I'll be posting my journal on Saturdays. Do stop by again.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...