Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Today I reflect on simple thoughts and simple pleasures. My leads are somewhat similar to others in The Simple Woman's Daybook group, yet a bit different as well.  

Click here to go ther
Outside my window...
Looking outside Laura's window today at her beautiful little garden area by the kitchen door. Daffodils, hyacinths, pansies, bird feeders, budding trees. Serene.

Noticing the sound of...
Laura's turtle, Chocolate, crawling around his tank. He usually stays in his log home, so we don't very often see him. Our sleeping arrangements are in the room where he stays.

Looking to the ways of my household...
Mostly routine tasks this past week since unexpected car and truck repairs required trips to the body shop.  
  
This coming week I'm hoping to...
do the quilting on the baby quilt that I finished piecing this week.

Reflecting creativity, in His image...I decided on a quilting design that would go with the theme of the new baby quilt for a church friend. 

Learning....

Free motion quilting. Someone suggested to practice a single design over an entire quilt to really get the feel for that particular design. I'm going to do that with the baby quilt I'm working on.

Thinking...
Some hopes and dreams cannot be ours alone and often die a slow death. My hope and longing for someday being near my girls finally gave up the ghost. God is opening my eyes more and more to His mercy and grace.

Thankful for...
Opportunities to visit my girls and enjoy their homes

From the kitchen....
This has become a favorite way to fix frozen whole green beans. 
Green Beans with Almonds


1 package frozen whole green beans
2 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 tbsp. bacon bits or crumbled bacon
2 tbsp. sliced almonds
1/4 tsp. garlic salt

Cook green beans according to package directions. Drain and transfer beans to serving bowl. Melt butter/margarine in saucepan and add remaining ingredients. Pour over green beans, toss, and serve.

A thought from my Quiet Time....
It's important to encourage one another in the things of God because sin is deceitful and blinds us to our own sin. And soon it hardens our heart and causes unbelief. We all need those who will encourage us, and we need to encourage others as well.
Hebrews 3:12-13 --Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Currently reading...
Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer

Sharing a brief paragraph.
Though God in this threefold revelation [creation, His Word, Jesus Christ incarnate] has provided answers to our questions concerning Him, the answers by no means lie on the surface. They must be sought by prayer, by long meditation on the written Word, and by earnest and well-disciplined labor. However brightly the light may shine, it can be seen only by those who are spiritually prepared to receive it. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

A picture to share... 







My girls and myself, taken when we were together a couple summers ago at a cabin on a lake, celebrating a birthday. The last time we were all together at Thanksgiving, I didn't think about getting a new picture of just the three of us. :-(  


You may also enjoy reading what other simple women are saying and doing these days. Just click here to go to The Simple Woman's Daybook site. I'll be posting my journal on Saturdays. Do stop by again.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...