Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

He Included Me


Sharing a few thoughts with you today from my devotional reading in  Romans 9-11. The context is Israel's rejection of God's righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ and His consequent extension of grace to the Gentiles. The Apostle Paul says, "For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery, lest you be wise in your own estimation, that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in..." I am grateful that God chose to include me in 'the fullness of the Gentiles.'



For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek
for the same Lord is Lord of all,
abounding in riches for all who call upon Him.
Romans 10:12

I have nothing within myself that glorifies me or God. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

Sin, going against God's holy ways, in my life brings death, separation from God. But God gave the gift of Jesus Christ to redeem me for eternal life with Him. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23). "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).

God provided me with hope, grace, mercy, and eternal life. "For whoever will call upon the name of the LORD will be saved" (Romans 10:13).

Because I believe that Jesus is the Son of God whom He sent to die for my sins, I now have peace with God. "Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).

No longer does condemnation await me. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1).

Nothing can separate me from the love of God, because of Jesus Christ. "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).

Oh, the depth of the riches
both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are His judgments
and unfathomable His ways!
Romans 11:33

Do you have peace with God?
Do you have hope, grace, mercy, and eternal life?
You can read more about the good news here.
He wants to include you as well.

The picture is my quiet time corner. 
The framed piece above the chair reminds me to 
"Make time for the quiet moments as God whispers and the world is loud."
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...