Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Our Progressive Family Reunion

It's hard to get everyone together at one time these days with everyone scattered about, but last week was like a progressive family reunion with several family members.

My parents and sister came up from Alabama last Monday for a few days' visit. They traveled with my brother and his wife, who had driven from Missouri to visit with them for a few days. My Brother & SIL stayed for supper with us before traveling on to visit her mother. Then my favorite uncle (he often reminds me!) and aunt came from Ohio for an overnight stay on Tuesday, and we all took a jaunt over to the Heritage Farm Museum and Village. My parents especially enjoyed it, but it was a little too musty for my uncle, so he was able to tour only one of the buildings. It was a short visit with everyone, but Mom and I did manage to squeeze in some sewing. I'm looking forward to seeing her new valances in her living room when we travel there sometime before Christmas. The fabric was absolutely gorgeous! Hopefully, we can get in a quick trip to her favorite quilt shop.

My parents and sister left on Thursday, and My Beloved and I were off a few hours later to meet up with Elizabeth and her family in Louisville for the weekend. They had a conference to attend, and we had the delightful task of taking care of Elijah during the day. We got adjoining rooms and spent the better part of three days enjoying our little fella and doing what many grandparents do routinely. We savored every moment. If your grandchildren live nearby, you are truly blessed!

Arrived back home last evening. All is quiet. Much too quiet.


Elijah and Nana watching Curious George

Book Love
Floating boats at the Science Museum

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...