Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Of Ten Percent Importance

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lynch_Albert_-_Printemps.jpg
I got my hair trimmed today. I'd like to have a different style, but given the hair that I have, this is the best we can do. Sometimes I wish I were a hat kind of person. Would make things a lot simpler.

I'm glad my husband has never wanted a trophy wife, although I do think it’s important to look as pleasant as I can, and I know he appreciates that. I recall a friend sadly telling me when she turned 40 that her husband teased her about trading her in for two 20s. That's not at all funny. I'm thankful for a husband who looks beyond the temporal.

 
Of the 22 verses on the Proverbs 31 woman, a possible two have to do with how she looks. That's not quite 10% of what's important in her life. It's not to be discounted, but neither is it to be a major issue. Now that's a good thing because it would be such a lost battle for me to try and keep my looks from its inevitable aging. A woman could spend thousands (not me, unless I trade in the house, and I don't think My Beloved would go for that) to nip and tuck, augment, plasticize, tighten up and color up, but only the spirit can truly become more beautiful with time and attention given to it. I know some women who are very beautiful, not particularly physically, but beautiful in spirit. As a matter of fact, the ugliest woman I know has a lovely spirit.


As I get ready for the marriage supper of the Lamb, only my spirit will be going, and I want to be a radiant bride.

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready. Revelation 19:7

Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Painting ~ Printemps, Albert Lynch 1851-1860 
via WikiCommons public domain
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...