Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Drink Deeply


As I was reading a little this morning, I came across a statement that caused me to pause and ponder:


"We rarely drink deeply at the well of the present moment."
Ken Boa in Conformed to His Image

As I think about the present moment--the covid-19 pandemic that has affected us all--I consider how I should be drinking deeply instead of just wanting to pray the problem away. What characterizes this "present moment" for me, personally? What is the efficacy of the here and now for me? It's certainly not to kick against the goad, but rather to look for God's good graces in it. And so I'm setting the image of the swan on my computer desktop to remind me to do so.

My tendency is to be a doer. These days, however, my "doing" has been curtailed. I'm offered time to think more deeply about "being" rather than "doing." Of course, the doing should be flowing from the being, but there are times when it's good to stop and consider what fountain the "doing" is actually flowing from.  


And to look for God's grace and mercy flowing in and through the present moment. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, there are many good changes that I'm experiencing, as I'm sure is happening to many people. So I encourage us all to be fully present in the moment, even though we long for this situation to be over. To glean from it what is there for our good. And to express gratitude for God's abundant grace and mercy. To Him as well as to those through whom He sends it. 

Image via Pixabay
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...