Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Let Us Do Good ~ Making Face Masks

I've mentioned that I'm training myself to be more aware of God's graces flowing through the present moment. This present moment being the Covid-19 pandemic that we find ourselves in. I've also been wondering how I might be an agent of God's grace to others during this challenging time. 

I've been reminded that God tells us through the Apostle Paul, "So then, while we have the opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of faith" (Gal. 6:10). What good could I do for those in my own local body of faith while we're apart and not able to gather together? Our leaders have reminded us to keep in touch with one another, to call, to text or email, to pray for one another, to join in virtual gatherings during the week. 

As I was making face masks for My Beloved and other family members, the thought occurred to me that I could make some for those in our church family who don't sew and otherwise would have to purchase them from places like Etsy. I have stacks and stacks of cotton fabric, so I've made several and will make more as long as I have elastic or similar substitute. Presently I've run out of elastic. Elastic is a hot item right now from everyplace online that I've checked, so it's back ordered. Thanks to a friend's donation in the meantime, I've found that girls' hair elastics are working rather well. 

Days filled with doing good for others are, indeed, good days. Busy hands are fruitful hands. 
She works with her hands in delight.  
Proverbs 31:13
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...