Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Weekend Daybook

My Weekend Daybook is intended to journal brief moments of my simple life, thinking that my dear grandchildren may one day be interested in knowing little tidbits about Nana.

(For some unknown reason to me, the font size on this post keeps changing to smallest in some parts. I've fiddled with it enough, so I give up. Maybe it'll straighten itself out after awhile.)






Outside My Window...
The grass has finally greened. I don't care for Bermuda grass. It takes too long to catch up to Spring.


Noticing the sound of... 

Violin music. I miss hearing the violin and cello being played at church by a couple of young moms. 


Looking forward to...

Being able to gather together again with our church family and speak to one another in Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in our hearts to the Lord (Eph.5:19).


Thankful...

That God works all things together for our good, for those who love Him, according to His purposes (Rom. 8:28). There's a lot of bad in this Covid-19, but there's much good that will come from it. I just read yesterday in the news that many parents are getting to know their children. 


Thinking... 

That getting to know one's own children is a blessing, indeed. Maybe these same parents will realize what they and their children have been missing all along. Hopefully, they will make provision to lessen their personal distance in the days ahead.


Brought a smile...

On my walk through the neighborhood, this chalk drawing greeted me....

It's a little difficult to see in the photo, but the words say "Faith, Hope, Love". One of God's touches of grace that reminds me that He loves us and all is well.










In the Sewing Room...

I've been in the sewing room quite a bit these past weeks. Besides making face masks and other quick projects, I've been making girls' dresses in anticipation of opening an Etsy shop someday. But I will need to get better at photography before I do, that's for sure. This photo really doesn't show how cute these dresses are. I have stacks and stacks of cotton fabric that I've enjoyed gathering from quilt fabric shops in our travels and day trips. I've made wall quilts and baby quilts out of some of it, and now I'm enjoying coordinating fabrics for the dresses. I'm calling my shop "Always Anna," after our granddaughter. I made dresses for our daughters growing up, and when I began making dresses for Anna, I decided to turn more of my fabric into little girls' dresses. It's just something I enjoy doing in my discretionary time. I've looked at the Etsy policies and they look rather daunting, but maybe I'll give it a go. I don't want to get into a lot of rigamarole, though, for just a few dresses. But I have made 25 so far! Well, actually more, but I give Anna a dress here and there. She loves to wear dresses, which inspires me!















Around the house... 
This greets me each morning as I open the cabinet door for a cup for tea...

His mercies are new every morning. 











And they truly are!



Learning...

To fill this down time with some pleasantries. Waiting can certainly be a challenge, but it has helped to do some things I've often said I never have enough time to do. Freedom to come and go will be welcomed with open arms, though, after this Covid-19 situation is lessened.


Reading...
The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life by Jeremy Pierre, Associate Professor of Biblical Counseling at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

I'll do a brief book review on it after I've finished reading it, but if you'd like to read some sample pages, you can do so here. If you click on the image, it will take you to the publisher.


I'm a slow reader. I stop and ponder and mark statements that I'd like to go back and review later. Sharing a statement from the beginning of the book that I've marked:


"No one should treat people as merely rational beings in need of instruction, nor as merely emotional beings in need of healing, nor as merely decision-makers who need the right motivation. The truth is broader than each of these." (p.12)

.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...