Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Welcome, November

November, a month that brings my focus to being thankful for God's abundant grace and mercy. Too often His blessings go unnoticed as I move through my days. Too often they go unnoticed as I look for my own expectant answers to prayers that I would assuredly count as blessings. Too often I miss seeing the real blessings and being thankful for God's loving care. This month, in particular, I want to be genuinely thankful for what I receive from His Hand.

Sitting here by the open window (a lovely autumn day) in the family room watching the birds (and listening--I can hear them cracking the seeds) at the bird feeder and being reminded of God's promise of provision of my every need. He delights to provide even more than my needs, as was evidenced today as I was grocery shopping and saving money at the same time. The cupboards are full, with a little pocket money for fabric from coupons and thrifty spending.









 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, 
what you will eat or what you will drink, 
nor about your body, what you will put on. 
Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 
 Look at the birds of the air: 
they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, 
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  
Are you not of more value than they?

Matthew 6:25-26
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...